In this Policy, we refer to the person creating the campaign as the “Quarterback”. We refer to those contributing funds and or registered users or visitors as “Kickers” and to the funds they may or may not contribute as “Donations”. The person receiving the money for the campaign is the “Receiver”. The “Campaign” is an action item needing to be completed (herein referred to as the “Play”) by the Receiver and if completed in time allotted (herein referred to the “Season”) the donations will be distributed to him/her. GoKick.Me facilitates the Donations transaction between Quarterback, Kicker’s (if donations is given) and Receiver (herein referred to collectively as “Teammates”).
Personal Information We Collect or You May Provide
You provide us Personal Information when you register to be a User:
- Your name
- Your email address (to be used as your Paypal email address)
- You may provide your location
- Your billing name and address
If you are the Quarterback and you will provide us with the following Personal Information in addition to the Personal Information you provide when you register to be a User:
- Your legal person
- Your legal physical address
- Your telephone number
- Your date of birth
You may be asked further information in order to help validate your identity:
- Your gender
- Your driver’s license information, government issued identification number
- Other personally identifiable information as we need for verification
We may obtain address information about you from third party sources, such as LexisNexis, for fraud prevention or for legal compliance.
We may also collect Personal Information from you as a result of your email communications with us or your Posts which we may retain along with our responses.
As a Quarterback, you can invite others who are helping you with your campaign to join your campaign. We will ask you for this person’s email address and send him or her an email invite to join your team. GoKick.Me collects this email address for the purpose of sending this invite. This person may contact us at support@GoKick.Me to request that we remove this information.
You can sign up for or sign in to your GoKick.Me account using Facebook Connect. When you sign in using Facebook Connect, GoKick.Me will receive the following info: your public profile, friend list and email address. GoKick.Me uses this info to authenticate your identity, display your number of Facebook friends on your GoKick.Me Profile page, show you Campaigns your friends have funded, and link your Facebook Profile information to your GoKick.Me account. Facebook Connect gives you the option to post information about your activities on this Website to your profile page to share with others within your network. You can disconnect Facebook Connect under your GoKick.Me account settings page.
Any Personal Information you Post as Teammates Content is available to the public without any expectation of privacy or confidentiality. Copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Teammates have copied or stored your Teammates Content even if you remove the Teammates Content. Your name and location are publicly displayed in your profile page. To request removal of your personal information from these areas of the site, contact us using the information below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. The profile you create on our site will be publically visible.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied users on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us using the information below. We collect your location based information for the purpose of tailoring search to reflect results in your area. We will only share this information with our mapping provider for the sole purpose of providing you with this service.
When you use our mobile site, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location based services, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the Service and conduct our business. For example (and not limited) to:
- Register as a User and to identify you when you sign-in to your account
- Administer your account or funds
- Respond to your inquiries, customer service requests, complaints or your job application
- Verify activity as we deem necessary
- Send you a newsletter or other promotional communications
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our Service or customize our communications with you
- Communicate with you
How We Share Your Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share your Personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with reporting requirements, a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- In connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity or as we believe reasonably necessary to protect or enforce our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others.
- In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- With any other user, contributor, campaign owner or third party with your prior consent to do so as described in this Policy.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- GoKick.Me, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information and maintaining databases. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function and require them to only use the information for the purposes for which it was collected.
If you are a Kicker, we may share your name, email and shipping address with the Quarterback or Receiver. If you are a Quarterback, we may share your name, email address, and other contact information with any Kicker who alleges that you have failed to comply with your Campaign commitments.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as processing your payments, accepting job applications and offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and are obligated to keep your information confidential. Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content from our service providers while preserving the look and feel of our site, such as when you enter credit card information. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to https://www.GoKick.Me.
How We Store and Protect Your Personal Information
We may store Personal Information in locations outside our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
We use Security Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt sensitive personal information (such as your payment information and geolocation) before it travels over the internet. Credit card numbers are never stored on our database or servers.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Compromise of Personal Information
We will promptly notify those persons whose Personal Information is compromised. Notwithstanding, GoKick.Me does not accept liability for any unintentional disclosure or a disclosure that occurs due to a security breach of our systems or facilities.
User Access and Choice
You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information to us; in which case, you may not be able to become a User or use certain Services.
If your Personal Information changes, you may correct, update, amend, remove, or ask to have it removed by making the change on your user account “Settings” page, by contacting the email address listed below. Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold, any of your personal information. If you no longer desire our service, you may deactivate/delete your account entirely from the account “Settings” page, or contact us directly. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Notification, Electronic Communication and Opt-Out
You consent to our using your email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may not opt out of some Service-related communications. You can change the frequency of many Service-related communications by changing the settings in the “Settings” section.
Upon registration, or on other areas of the site, you may opt-in to receive periodic messages from us, including changes to features of the Service, newsletters, promotions and special offers. If you wish to subscribe to these emails, we will use your name and email address to send them to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing email preferences manager on your account settings page or you can contact us at support@GoKick.Me. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. GoKick.Me does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are between the ages of 13 and 17, please use our Service with adult supervision. If you are under 13, please do not send any Personal Information to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will remove that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the contact information below.
This site complies with the California Eraser law. If you are a California resident, a minor, and you have publicly posted personally identifiable content, you may request such content be removed from our site, by providing a link to the content, your age, and contacting us at the information below. This site is not responsible for content you made public that is taken from this site and posted to another site.
GoKick.Me takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to GoKick.Me via the Internet.
Other Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the Terms of Service at https://www.GoKick.Me/terms and such other terms, which may be made available to you in connection with your use of the Services.
When you interact with the Services, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit our Platform, our web server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be) when you visit a website or access or use a mobile application, and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the Platform (as the case may be). A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Platform and will last for longer.
Some of the cookies used by the Platform are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browsers or mobile devices. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Platform, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Services.
Some information on the types of cookies we use and how we use them is set out below:
- Essential: Allow you to navigate and use all the features provided by our Platform.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies customize elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Platform and remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get.So when you use our Platform, we remember you and your preferences and information you have submitted to us to provide you with a customized experience.
- Performance and Analytics: Performance cookies let us collect information about how you use the Platform. They collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Platform (including how long you spend on the Platform) and where you have come to the Platform from, so that we can improve the Platform and learn which functions of the Platform are most popular with users. This information does not include Personal Data, although we might be able to associate such information with user accounts once we receive it from the third party.
- Advertising and Targeting: These cookies collect information about the pages you visit online. They gather information about the pages that you visit or the functions of the Platform you use, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in a “market segment”. This information is only collected by reference to the IP address or unique device identifier that you are using (the applicable cookie identifier) and also can include information about the county or province and city or town you are in, together with the name of your internet service provider. This information is then used to place interest-based advertisements on the Platform, which it is believed will be relevant to your market segment. This may result in you seeing advertisements for our Platform when you visit other websites. We use third parties, for example, Google Analytics, to analyze statistical information from users of the Platform and provide you with interest-based advertisements.
You can understand Google Analytics further at https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html and learn about how to manage Google Analytics settings at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to Other Websites, Blogs/Forums and Social Media Widgets
Our Site includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of GoKick.Me. When you use a link to go from our Website to another website, such as that of our payments processors, the privacy statement for the other website governs. We encourage you to carefully read and understand the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Our Website offers a publicly accessible blog. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be displayed publicly and read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, contact us at support@GoKick.Me. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Questions? Concerns? Suggestions?